A. J. ROSMARIN
25 Ryddington Place
Dallas, Texas 75230-1972
972 361 0011 – office
214 507 1838 – cell
ROSMARIN CONSULTING MARCH 2004 TO PRESENT
- Advisor to physician groups, hospitals, and ancillary facilities on strategic and financial issues, with focus in three key areas: Advisory Services, Practice Valuation, and Practice Consulting.
- Viewed as subject matter expert and trusted advisor to clients ranging from large community hospitals to physicians in groups sized 4-15 physicians.
IBM CORPORATION SEPTEMBER 1999 TO MARCH 2004 Dallas, Texas
- West Region Healthcare Payor/Provider Practice Leader in Healthcare Practice of IBM Global Services. Managed a cadre of consultants providing a targeted value proposition of services including e-business strategy, HIPAA, ERP, application modernization, and system integration to articulate relevance and differentiation.
- Operational responsibility for the Practice including revenue, gross profit, and billable utilization. Grew sales from less than $20M in 1999 to over $100M in 2003.
- Viewed as subject matter expert and thought leader in IBM’s Healthcare vertical and interfaced with hospitals, large physician groups, and payors throughout the country.
- As part of IBM’s Public Sector within the Business Consulting Services (BCS) unit of IBM Global Services, responsibilities also included interaction and coordination with strategic outsourcing and infrastructure components. Teamed with other IBM Healthcare industry experts in formulating go-to-market and resilient strategy each year.
SYSTEM HEALTH PROVIDERS, INC. MARCH 1999 TO SEPTEMBER 1999 Dallas, Texas
Interim CEO and Director
- Led the turnaround strategy for this Management Services Organization representing over 1200 physicians by reducing costs to meet cash flow projections, resolving claims processing backlog, and settling a dispute with an affiliated hospital system.
- Achieved efficiency through implementation of cost controls and improved relationships with payors and physician members.
INNOVATIVE MANAGED CARE SYSTEMS, INC. AUGUST 1995 TO MARCH 1999 Dallas, Texas
President, Treasurer, and Director
- Developed the corporate infrastructure and marketing strategy for this managed care software company.
- Negotiated private placement with outside investor.
- Spearheaded the strategy initiative to help the company capture market opportunities with two large Payors.
- Functioned as Chief Financial Officer in addition to duties as President, and provided operational consulting to clients on an as-needed basis.
MEDICALCONTROL, INC. JULY 1989 TO AUGUST 1995 Dallas, Texas
Chief Operating Officer, Treasurer, and Director
- Responsible for the overall performance and profitability of this healthcare cost management company consisting of a national Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) along with Third Party Administration (TPA) services. Developed and managed the operating infrastructure.
- Prepared the company’s portion of its Initial Public Offering (IPO) in 1993 and subsequent updates including 10Ks and 10Qs.
SPECTRUM HEALTHCARE, INC. JUNE 1986 TO JULY 1989
Senior Vice President Operations
Ensured compliance with state standards for care, development of system-wide business plan and reporting requirements, and the design and implementation of an overall management process for this owner and operator of long term care facilities.
NATIONAL MEDICAL ENTERPRISES, INC. MARCH 1979 TO JUNE 1986
(Now Tenet Health System)
- From July 1984 to June 1986, served as Assistant Vice President of Finance for 17 hospitals with over 2200 hospital beds. Responsible for operating results relative to objectives and established current and long-term goals.
- From March 1979 to July 1984, served as Chief Financial Officer of Doctors Hospital-Dallas, a 268-bed acute care facility. Responsible for all aspects of financial operations and ensured the fiscal needs of the hospital were accurately projected and achieved.
BOOZ, ALLEN & HAMILTON, INC. SEPTEMBER 1977 TO MARCH 1979
Consultant – Health and Medical Division
Prepared financial feasibility studies for hospital bond issues. Presented results to rating agencies. Participated in the development of strategic plans for proprietary and non-profit hospital systems
HUMANA INCORPORATED JANUARY 1975 TO SEPTEMBER 1977
Served in various financial positions including Assistant Controller of a 380-bed facility in Louisville, Kentucky. Also served as Controller of a 240-bed hospital in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky – 1974 – Master of Business Administration
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana- 1972 – Bachelor of Science in Business
Married since 1981. In excellent health.
Board of Trustees of Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, January 2014-present; Past Chairman and Board of Directors of DFW Health Industry Council, 1990-2010; Adjunct Lecturer 1998-2017 on Healthcare issues to MBA Candidates at the University of Louisville; Board Chair at Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas 2019-present; Board Member of American Friends of Galilee Medical Center, Nahariya, Israel; Board of Directors North Texas Region of BB&T Bank 2017-present